I have always been fascinated by photography. I have spent countless hours studying photographs of people, while considering the angles, the lighting, and the editing the photographer used. I love the fact that photography has the amazing ability to transport us to a different time, or place with one single shot.
It was not until I started blogging that I decided to take photography more seriously. With camera in hand, I started experimenting with photographs of my apartment, of friends, and family. It was after experimenting in this way that I realized my passion for photography. I have no formal training or background in this field, but I realize that passion can open your eyes to the impossible, so not only did I invest in the proper equipment I also spent the necessary time to learn everything I could to enhance the skill it takes to be proficient with this passion.
I enjoy, and appreciate the opportunity to photograph bloggers, couples, influencers who make an impact in their profession, families, and also lifestyle type setting. I take an individual approach to each person I photograph. I make every effort to embrace and highlight the focus of what they are trying to convey to their audience with each session.
I look forward to working together and capturing the potential magnificence of your moments through my eyes and the lens of my camera.
When I first got pregnant I thought clothing I liked would be really easy. I never listened to people who said how difficult it was to find pieces that you actually wanted to wear. Well, their honesty started to become a reality when my bump began to grew and I needed new clothing. I kept buying pieces that I had to return. Either because the fit was off, the shape was off, or the style was just plain bad. I started to buy regular dresses a size or two larger, but this only lasted so long. It was time to find the right maternity line.
When I say I spend hundreds and hundreds on trying to find maternity clothing I would not be over exaggerating. I thought I needed to buy the expensive pieces for a better fit. WRONG! It wasn’t until a friend of mine told me about the large maternity selection at Macy’s that my mind opened. Their selection is not only HUGE but it has a wide variety of styles and price points. I was blown away. My favorite lines they carry: Motherhood Maternity and A Pea in the Pod. I found so many options from both of these designers.
My favorite pieces by far were these dresses I am showing today. I loved this Motherhood Maternity t-shirt dress. It is seriously the SOFTEST and most comfortable dress I have ever owned. My one regret, I didn’t find it sooner! While I loved the t-shirt dress, my husband loved the Motherhood Maternity white lace dress. It is such a beautiful dress for summer and extremely comfortable as well. I love that you can dress it up with accessories or just wear it around the pool with sandals. It would also be perfect for a date night, especially since it was the husbands favorite maternity dress I purchased in the last 9 months.
Overall, I cannot recommend enough going to look at Macy’s maternity. Their vast selection of options and price points makes it perfect for every expecting mom. I am so glad I found it but I wish I had known about their selection sooner. I guess that just means I know where to go for baby #2 🙂
For more style inspiration of Macy’s Maternity you can check out the #macysmaternity on Instagram
I bought this for Eleanor a few months ago and received so many questions. But what I really want to know, does it come in my size? It is the sweetest little kids sweater and I can’t wait to dress Eleanor in it. It would also make for the perfect gift! shop it here
Travel • Our New Adventure
We have traveled the world and lived our greatest adventure, up until now! I can’t wait for all of you to join me on this new chapter of my life! Watch to see more 🙂
When I started packing my hospital bag it made the idea that I was about to become a mom all too real. I actually heard you should pack it around 37 weeks, but I waited until 39. I couldn’t wrap my head around the idea that I was about to be a mom! It is the most surreal feeling!
I am not a planner. It is something that drives my husband nuts. I can be very, “fly by the seat of your pants” mentality. However, when it came to packing my bag, I was overly versed in everything I might need. I read every article, texted every friend, and listened to my gut. I am not going to lie, I only used HALF of what I packed. Once she was here I learned quickly what you actually need is different than what you wanted to need. I packed everything from face masks to help soothe my dry hospital skin to a new pair of pajamas for every night. SO.NOT.NECESSARY.
So, here is a list of what I did pack and a list of what I would recommend to remove and/or add that I had wished I brought.
What I packed in My Bag:
* Face Wipes – I honestly only used these once. However, if you go in with make-up or can’t get up to shower, I recommend packing these
* Niven Morgan Travel Set – I really wanted nice smelling bath products so I could “treat” myself. While it was nice to have them, I only stayed one night in the hospital so they were a bit unnecessary. However, If you stay longer than a night, I do think it was nice to have them.
* Special Shampoo and Conditioner – I LOVE my Oribe shampoo and conditioner so I knew I would want them in the hospital and I am glad I had them! The smell reminded me of home and my hair felt great
* Bose Wireless Speaker – THIS.IS.A.MUST. Labor can be LONG (mine was 24 hours) so having music playing that I liked made the time pass so much more enjoyable. Even the nursers commented on how nice it was to come into our room. I can’t recommend this enough.
* Three Pajama Dresses – Again, I only stayed one night so three was a bit excessive but I recommend packing that many. If you have to have an emergency c-section or are planning on a c-section you will be there far longer. Having clean options will be so nice!
* Soft/Cute Robe – For me this was SO unnecessary. I never even pulled it out of the bag. I packed all Eberjay pajamas which were cute enough without a robe. And you are in bed the entire time, I wouldn’t waste the space.
* Chapstick – I do recommend having this handy. My husband kept it in his pocket and we used it often! The rooms get so cold and dry out your lips quickly
* Extra long Iphone Charger – A must! It honestly just makes things easier, which you want! I can’t say that I sat on my phone that often (there was a lot going on) but it was nice to know my phone was fully charged. Honestly, it is more for the men than the women 🙂
* Two Pillows – I could have used one more because the pillows you bring from home have so much more cushion in them and are so much more comfortable
* Foam Mattress Topper – I bought this for my husband and it was a TOTAL game changer for his sleep. It made sleeping much more enjoyable for him, which was important to me. I needed him to be rested to help me through the process. We left it at the hospital so didn’t have to worry about taking it home.
* Make-Up – I definitely wouldn’t recommend bringing an arson of make-up, you won’t use it. I did bring tinted moisturizer, bronzer, eyebrow pencil, and mascara. I quickly put this on before we left the hospital and I was glad I had a little something on for the “leaving the hospital” photos.
* Slippers – I upgraded to a suite which provided slippers, but if your room doesn’t have slippers, these are a must!!! The slippers I brought were these fluffy Minnetonka’s that are more like a shoe so they weren’t near as easy to slip on as the hospital option. I recommend just getting a pair that you can slip-on and off very quickly and easily.
* Sleep Eye Mask – A DEFINITE MUST! I wear these every night (they are a game changer), but I also bought my husband one too. We wore them napping and at night and they seriously help with getting to sleep. There are so many lights and machines around that drowning them out will help you get a little extra shut-eye.
* Sheet Masks – A total waste of space! Between taking care of baby, having nurses come in, the baby getting checked, and guests coming in and out, you will not have time for this! I did speak to someone who said she used them during labor which is an idea but I wouldn’t bother.
* Going Home Dress – This one got a 50/50 response when I asked if other women had a dress option for going home. Some said, “Hell to the NO,” and some said, “Absolutely.” I definitely wanted an option and I was glad I did. It can be chaotic leaving the hospital but I wanted to have a cute family photo arriving at our house. It took just as long to put the dress on as it would comfy pants so I say, go for it! You won’t regret it. Also, the moment the door opens, you can put those sweatpants on.
* Nursing Bras – I ended up not needing them but I recommend packing one or two depending on how long you stay there
* Snacks – I was huge on having snacks for the hospital. I didn’t touch them once! My husband had some while I was in labor but I couldn’t eat. And then when I was in my room, my parents and friends brought so much food that our snacks were an after thought. If you don’t have family in town, I recommend packing some, otherwise, don’t stress.
What I Also Wished I Had Packed:
* Blanket – Thank the lord my friend brought me one. We all used it! My mom and husband used it because I had the room so cold and I used it to help with the Pitocin and Epidural shakes. It was the best gift anyone could have brought me * Non-Scented lotion – I packed really nice smelling lotion but Baby’s hate scents. I didn’t end up using it and had wished I packed lotion that was moisturizing for my skin and okay for her. I recommend CeraVe – My Pediatrician recommend we use this on Eleanor. There are studies that it helps with any future allergies and it is SUPER moisturizing. Fun fact – my mom’s dermatologist also recommended it for her skin!
* A sweater – This is actually more for the husbands. Poor Brice was FREEZING! He forgot his sweater so was trying to use hospital blankets around his shoulders. It would have been so much better had he packed a sweater.
What I packed in Elaenor’s Bag:
* Three Footie Pajamas – I packed 0-3 months because everyone said don’t buy newborns because they grow out of it too quickly. HUGE mistake! Pack newborn!!!!! I ended up needing it when I got home and a month later she is still fitting into it. Thank goodness for sisters and hand-me-downs.
* Baby Socks – Hospitals are cold and their little feet get even colder! Just pack one or two pairs
* Two Swaddles – I packed pretty swaddles and they were cute for photos. The hospital will swaddle them tight so you don’t need any “heavy duty” swaddle
* Going Home Outfit – I packed a super cute outfit for her, she spit-up all over it and her carseat. But it was easy to clean- up and we still got a few cute photos for the baby book!
* DON’T FORGET TO TAKE EVERYTHING FROM THE HOSPITAL – Everything in the bin for the baby is for you! Take it, you want it! From the diapers, to the sucker, to the extra formula, take it all!
at home • The Vintage Chocolate
Thinking of the perfect gift to bring over to a hostess is sometimes difficult. However, receiving this box of chocolates in this gorgeous vintage tin would make any hostess happy! I am going to buy these and have a few on hand when I need the perfect little gift! shop it here
Outfits • The Kimono Robe
I love this kimono robe. The colors, the length, and the look! It would be perfect as a robe, swimsuit cover-up, or with jeans and strappy heels! Oh, and it is on sale for $65 which makes it even more desirable! This is one deal I can’t pass up! shop it here
Outfits • The Pink Sneaker
By now you know, I love pink! I am a creature of habit and always go with the same black and white Nike’s. However, after seeing this cute pair I think it is time for a change! They are so cute for summer! shop them here
I truly believe that sales, like the Nordstrom Anniversary sale, are excellent times to stock up on basic items that you will actually wear throughout the year. I always try to buy my denim, t-shirts, and coats at sales like this. However, since becoming a new mom I am adding pajamas to that list! I have rounded up a few (not to overwhelm you) of my favorite pieces I found on sale. Just a reminder, once the sale is over, all of these items will go back to full price.
1. Sosken Long Knit Coat – I love this sweater for travel! It is the perfect piece to throw on with jeans or leggings and run out the door or snuggle up on an airplane
2. Charlotte Tilbury ‘Pink’ Lipstick set – Charlotte makes the most beautiful lip colors and this set is no different. They are the perfect shade for that perfect everyday pout
3. Frame ‘Le Slender’ Jean – I have been trying to buy jeans that aren’t just the typical skinny look I always buy. I love that this pair is straight leg without having that ‘boyfriend’ baggy look.
4. Eberjay ‘Giesle’ Short Pajama set – I LIVE in these pajamas. I own 5 different pairs of Eberjay and the shorts set is my favorite. I always buy a pair if I find them on sale.
5. Pendleton Astoria Rain Jacket – Now is a great time to buy pieces for the fall/winter. I love this jacket and can see myself wearing it a lot in the cooler months. It would also be great to just throw in your suitcase for trips where you are worried about rain or wet conditions.
6. Zella High Waist Leggings – I think work-out items have gotten out of control expensive so this is the sale I purchase these types of items. And these red leggings are CALLING my name!
7. Ralph Lauren Trench – Chic, chic, chic! You can never go wrong with an updated trench. This trench is so beautiful and would be amazing with a pair of black skinny pants. Very Audrey Hepburn
8. Bernardo Puffer coat – Being that I grew up in Texas I never understood the importance of a puffer coats until I married a Swiss. Oh my gosh, do they have a purpose! This puffer is classic and minimal which makes it a serious score!
9. Charlotte Tilbury Glowing Skin set – I LOVE her magic cream, so scoring it in a complete set makes it too good to pass up
10. J.Crew Sleep Shirt – Ya’ll, I just purchased a sleep shirt that looks identical to this for much, much more! If you want a classic sleep shirt, I wouldn’t let this one pass
11. BlankNYC Suede Moto Jacket -I usually wouldn’t be drawn to a jacket like this but after investing in a brown suede jacket and wearing it almost everyday, I am sold on the suede moto jacket trend. It is such a quick way to make a normal jean and t-shirt look or dress look so much cuter
12. J.Crew Boot Crop Jeans – I actually own these and wear them ALL.THE.TIME. I absolutely love how modern and flattering they are. I can’t recommend them enough.
13. Make + Model Lace-Up tee – There is nothing I love more than a classic t-shirt. I wear them more than any other item in my closet. Now, is a great time to buy a few that you love
14. J.Crew Shorts Pajamas – I love this pair for summer. The cotton is class and keeps cool in the warmer months
15. Alo Airbrush Leggings – I bought a pair of Alo years ago and they still look great (which is crazy for how much I have worn them)! They are more of an investment piece however you won’t be updating them for a while, so they are worth every penny! They also never go on sale so now is a great time to invest in a pair
16. Eileen Fisher Bomber Jacket – I don’t own a bomber jacket yet but I always love when I see someone else wearing one. I love the simplicity of this Eileen Fisher jacket
17. Free People Tee – Similar to what I said about t-shirts above, this one is no exception. It is classic and comfortable! I would live in it
18. Blanqi Maternity/Postpartum Leggings – While I am not pregnant anymore, I wished I had seen these when I was. They are so cute and would still work post pregnancy
19. Wacoal Underwire Sports bra – I stick by what I said, this sale is a great time to stock up on basics. Who wants to spend $70 on a great sports bra? Not me! That is why I always try to find great options on sale
20. Mackage Water Repellent Down Jacket – I had to add this jacket to my collage because I am SUCH a fan of Mackage and it never goes on sale. If you want to invest in a really amazing down jacket, this is your time! 21. J.Crew Cotton Pajamas – Clearly I am staying at home far too often because I am obsessed with cute pajamas! My sister-in-law wears these in the fall/winter and she always looks so cute. I tell myself every year I will buy a pair when they go on sale, so this is my year!