I have always been fascinated by photography. I have spent countless hours studying photographs of people, while considering the angles, the lighting, and the editing the photographer used. I love the fact that photography has the amazing ability to transport us to a different time, or place with one single shot.
It was not until I started blogging that I decided to take photography more seriously. With camera in hand, I started experimenting with photographs of my apartment, of friends, and family. It was after experimenting in this way that I realized my passion for photography. I have no formal training or background in this field, but I realize that passion can open your eyes to the impossible, so not only did I invest in the proper equipment I also spent the necessary time to learn everything I could to enhance the skill it takes to be proficient with this passion.
I enjoy, and appreciate the opportunity to photograph bloggers, couples, influencers who make an impact in their profession, families, and also lifestyle type setting. I take an individual approach to each person I photograph. I make every effort to embrace and highlight the focus of what they are trying to convey to their audience with each session.
I look forward to working together and capturing the potential magnificence of your moments through my eyes and the lens of my camera.
When a dress is this good it sells out within a day of release. That is exactly what happened with this Knot Sisters ‘Phillips’ dress. It sold out in the first day of its release which made me so sad because I was excited to share it. Luckily they just restocked it yesterday so I am desperate to get this post up ASAP. I absolutely love this dress! It has sleeves, pockets, is light-weight, perfect for summer, and under $120. I have to say, don’t look at the length of it in this post. With a 9 month bump it makes it look much shorter than it actually is in person.
If ever there was a summer dress you needed, this is it!
The lyrics from Aerosmith’s hit 90’s song, Pink, never rang true to me. Pink had not been my favorite color since I was probably 7 years old. However, one surprise pregnancy with a little girl has me ooing, awing, and shopping at all things pink. It has been such a crazy transition to what I used to love, black, white and minimal, to what I now love, pink, red, and feminine. I have no other explanation other than it is this little girl in me, changing me already!
I have rounded up my favorite pink dresses at the moment (at all price points and occasion) just incase you find yourself in the same predicament and want all things pink!
Shop The Pink Dress
Casual 1. This one just looks so comfy! I love that you can wear it with heels or sneakers – shop it here – $180
2. The perfect Button-up dress – and it is only $32! – shop it here – $32
3. The perfect summer dress for any party – shop it here– $76
4. I love the color and comfort of this one – shop it here – $180
5. This one looks like such an easy dress to throw on to meet friends or run errands – shop it here – $60 6. I love this dress and hope I can lose the baby weight to buy it before summer ends – shop it here – $168
7. I love this brand and love the idea of wearing this as a swimsuit cover-up – shop it here – $179
Middle 1. This is by far my favorite! It has a bigger price tag but I would wear this almost everyday! – shop it here – $375
2. The detailing of this one is so beautiful and would be so cute to wear with a panama hat on vacay – shop it here – $148
3. I own this dress in blue get so many compliments every time I put it on! – shop it here – $365 4. The tie in front of this one would make it super flattering for any figure – shop it here – $118
5. This dress is gorgeous in person and can easily be dressed-up or down (which I always love) – shop it here – $179
6. I love dresses like this. They are a perfect closet staple for this + future summers – shop it here – $475
Dressy 1. I love the length of this one and that it covers your arms- shop it here – $120
2. This one might be my favorite! I love the light pink and lace details – shop it here – $440
3. I actually bought this one and it is gorgeous in person – shop it here – $220 4. I love this brand! A little more expensive but looks great on literally everyone! – shop it here – $650
5. I love that this one only has touches of pale pink. And of course the sequins make it so fun! – shop it here – $383
6. This would be so perfect for a summer wedding! – shop it here – $348
7. This dress would be really pretty for a girls luncheon, summer party, or summer wedding – shop it here – $222
Maternity 1. This would be cute paired with some pretty earrings for a baby shower – shop it here – $198 2. This is both flattering and practical for any expecting mom – shop it here – $40
I can’t believe Eleanor’s nursery is finished. I used to wonder what my first childs nursery would look like. I still pinch myself that this is where I am in my life. The process was much different than I expected. I always thought it would be a fun and easy little project to prepare for my first child. However, this little room almost sent me to an early death. It was a combination of stressful, exciting and did I mention stressful! I have a completely new respect for any interior designer! Your job is H.A.R.D! I wanted the space to be a mix of classic, a touch of modern, and elements fun. My original idea was to wallpaper the room but upon deciding to potentially move in the Spring, the financial cost of the actual wallpaper and instillation did not make sense. I then moved to curtains, but again, with the cost of fabric and hiring someone to make them, with approximately 8 months left in this house, didn’t make sense either. So, simple and easy is where I left it!
The space is very calming in person. I find myself, my two dogs, and my husband will just go in there to relax. I really think it is the paint color that helps with the soothing. I went through numerous options and finally settled on the Benjamin Moore ‘Gentle Butterfly’. It is exactly what I wanted: light-pink, calming and classic. I decided to paint the walls and ceiling with it so the white trim would really pop. I think, with the white chandelier, it turned out perfectly!
I always love the use of acrylic pieces in a room as they fill the space without over-cluttering the room with large pieces. Since the room isn’t overly large I knew I would have a few acrylic pieces and the mix of the bookshelf, wall shelving, and frame fit perfectly. As for the rest of the space, I kept things pretty neutral. The Nursery Works rocker, Crib, and changing table were all purchased to balance out the wall-to-wall pink. One of the last things I did was to add a few personal touches. The bear on the wall above the crib is the bear I toted around everywhere with me as a child. And the monogrammed crib sheet is such a sweet way to add personalization to the room. Overall I am really pleased with how it turned. I can’t wait to bring her home and watch her grow in this room (at least for the next 8 months).