While packing for my trip to London I started thinking, there are quite a few things I do the same way no matter where I am traveling. I call them – packing rituals. I thought some were funny and others might be benefitial so why not just share them! So here they are, a few of my packing rituals (or the ones I can think of):
– I write a list of things I need to do days before leaving – there are always last minute errands
– I always shower right before I leave the house so I can “feel” as clean as possible in the grungy airport
– I always lather up on lots of lotion and oils and give them time to sink in – flying dries my skin out like crazy!
– I make sure I have a contact case with solution so when we land I can pop my contacts in – my eyes get so dry when flying
– I lay out my “carry on” essentials completely separate and pack them last
– My carry-on always has headphones, glasses, books, chapstick, contacts, melatonin, a computer, camera, jewelry, and socks
– I pack my jewelry in small zip-lock bags so they don’t get tangled
– I try on outfits and take pictures with my phone so I can remember why I packed it
– I always pack items that can be worn with at least two or three different pieces in my bag – saves room!
– I always make a last minute CVS run. On the list – towelettes, gum, and magazines (so much cheaper than the airport)
– I pack most of my shoes in my carry-on
– I stuff all of my hats with socks and underwear – helps them save shape
– I never travel without my space saving bags – they keep clothes organized, wrinkle-free, and clearly, they save space
– I put on all natural bb cream to not scare away passengers and to protect my skin
Ya’ll as I got typing I realized I could keep going, and going, and going…There are so many! But I will spare you! I hope at least one of these helped – if not, take it for what it is! See you in London! xo